Sunday, November 29, 2015

Being Mediocre

This weekend, I had a revelation. Charles M. Schulz was my father. I don't know why I didn't research this at a younger age so I could have met him before he passed away. This is really tragic and yet I found the answer to my black cloud.

I am Charlie Brown, only the girl version. Charlie can be a unisex name and I believe my father made him a boy in his comics because at that time, no one would read about a girl version. My university colors were even brown and gold. I even have the same brown man shoes.  Every episode is my life in some parallel universe.

I have three Snoopies.

Every day I walk into work, the office manager talks about my black cloud. She even looks like Lucy and has a jar for advice. It is getting increasingly difficult not to high five her face.

I am not a negative person despite my streak of bad luck. I really couldn't figure it out all these years because the rest of my family are super successful, able to support themselves, and travel the world.

Then there is me. With a genius mind and unending blockades. Or so I feel. My other father, Robert, even called me a "blockhead" as does my brother who looks a lot like Sally.  I have all these great ideas and no backing or no means to carry them out. So I have to remain mediocre.

In all fairness, I still am able to maintain great humor, but it really gets me nowhere except through life's troubles. After 2000, when my father, Charles Schulz passed from this life, I began to fade away in the minds of others, only to be rejuvenated during Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas when reruns are popular.

Where did Charlie Brown end up?

In Indiana.

3 comments:

  1. Wait??!!?? Was Pig Pen the police station?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma Fargo:
    Hell, we've more in common that I thought.
    (that should scare the yellow off the corn)

    Your father had a GREAT name, BTW (lol)
    I should know (wink,. wink)

    And, I think a LOT of us are a bit "Charlie-Brownian" in nature.
    I don't think of it as being "mediocre", though.

    I figure we're all doing about AVERAGE...lol.
    (while Murphy is writing the laws)

    Good post.
    Roll safe down there, Kiddo.

    ReplyDelete