Monday, July 27, 2015

Master Of Disaster

I didn't fall off the face of the earth, although, wouldn't that be fun? I hope it would be about where the Bahamas are located. My luck, it would be Alcatraz.

I'm finding myself at a crossroads. Perhaps it is the impending doom of 50 approaching. Yikes!



My daily routine has become too routine so I am mucking up my schedule so I don't fall into the geriatric category. You know how those old people get all out of whack when they don't abide by their schedule? Screw that.

So Monday-that is TODAY- is a change of pace and I am going to begin painting for the first time in over 20 years. Granted it is an art piece on the wall of my house and not a canvas. No, I am not painting naked ladies on the wall, but an eclectic tree of life. I will post before and after pics.

No, I am not going to cut out my running routine or stop cooking fresh food. I'm going to change up my pace to enjoy some things I haven't done in a while. I found out some information on some fishing holes so we will see how that goes. I don't know. I 'm used to trout fishing in blue ribbon streams with clear Rocky Mountain water. I'm not sure about this eastern murky bliss fishing for browns. Yeah. Not the trout kind of browns. Oh, but Fargo, it's filtered! We filter Indiana streams and river. Bleck. The pee still gets through. Nothing like wading knee deep in sewage.

Maybe I will score a trunk of lost gold. It might be safer than pan frying any of these fish.



My luck otherwise seems to be along the same lines as usual. My boss said I am a disaster and the only luck I have is bad luck. Peeshaw.  Well, he may be sorta right.

Saturday faturday. Hooked my front bumper on a piece of re bar from a parking block. That was in an attempt to work out on the greenway by the river and mind you, I parked at the only parking space with effing re bar still in the parking block. Dang you, City! My work out wasn't so great either because it was humid and hot and miserable and I had to dodge goose poop.



Yesterday while working in the yard, a mosquito bit my face and it swelled up to the size of a goiter. Isn't that effing great. I looked like the Elephant Man. I'm not even exaggerating. I needed an extra napsack to carry my face whereever I go. Nothing a little Benadryl followed by a drug induced sleep wouldn't cure. It knocked me out for 3 hours.

Today. More fun. Flat tires. Made coffee with no coffee grounds so a pot of nice hot bland water came out. Grr. It's a football day. Punt away I say!

However, No worries. I am still positive. Must stay optimistic. No sense letting a few crab tree moments get a good woman down.

My daughter comes home tomorrow from her visitation in Wyoming. I am so excited to see her. The house has been NOT so quiet with the crazy dogs. Bless their furry hearts. Nothing accomplished on that list I posted a while back. NOTHING. I did not paint the house. We had too much rain and when it wasn't raining, it was too hot. So it now looks like it will be a fall project.

Well, I can add an extra set of arms with the Bugmeister being home. Scrape. Scrape. Wax on. Wax off. Just call me Mr. Miyagi.

2 comments:

  1. Not to worry about pee in the water. Water purifies itself every 50 feet or so... depending on how swift the current is. So if you have to pee go ahead. Just walk downstream 50 feet or so to fish. But remember fish pee in the river, too. I hear painting is good therapy. Not for me, though. When I paint, the walls do look better, but I am sore and covered in paint spray and droplets. Painting is not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma Fargo:

    Why do you INSIST on having days that MIRROR MINE?
    ((ROFLMAO!))
    I oughta change your name to "Bob".

    Seriously;y, I wake up some days and SWEAR ('cause I know damn near all the words) that I'm living someone ELSE'S life!
    (and they re more than welcome to ahve it the hell BACK, too)

    So, I get my butt outta that "woe be me" crap and get back to whatever I have to work with to get things done.
    Some days work out...other days ARE a workout!
    (mentally AND physically).

    Yeah, our "rivers" up here remind me of the CREEKS we had back EAST...nice and BROWN. And they're all about as WIDE as some creeks
    Now the DELAWARE...THAT is a RIVER!!!

    I know what it's like to be a Hoosier state "transplant", too.
    I'm set in MY "Philly" ways, but I do get a bit of a hoot outta these Indiana folk every now and then.
    Yet, MANY of them are a damn sight NICER than those on the EAST coast.
    :)
    Like I say, if you ever need some "time out", c'mon up here for a couple hours.
    (we don't bite, but my cat might GUM the hell outta you...lol)

    Good post...
    Remember, REMBRANDT and DA VINCI didn't hit a "homer" on THEIR first time painting, either...lol.

    Hang in there, Kiddo.

    And roll safe down there, dear.

    ReplyDelete