Monday, March 23, 2015

Ponderances and Overthunks

Do you ever have moments where you reflect?

I don't mean in the mirror. First of all, many of you out there are vampires and you wouldn't have a reflection anyway. 

I mean reflect upon yourself. Or the past. Or whatever reflects around in your brain.

I over think a lot. It is a fault.

It's just a question.

Have you ever thought there was an equal you out there? Or did you find your equal you?

Yeah. Me, too. Somewhere. I am patient. I am not in any hurry.

However, I often ask myself why.

Why did I date those people?

I have no idea. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Strange.

I could ask myself the same question on marriage number two. Boy. What the fuck was I thinking?



And then to follow it with a fake boyfriend. That hurt. I guess I learned a lesson. I suck.

Formal education will make you a living and give you a nice fat certificate to hang on the wall. Self-education will make you a fortune. Jim Rohn said something like that. Apparently, he was an entrepreneur and smarty pants. I have no idea who he was. He died.

I just happen to agree with his statement. I learn more from my self-education, good or bad, than I do from the books.

I am now going to talk to trees more as it seems to get me in less trouble. Wait. I already do that. Note to self: up the tree talk.

I should focus on eliminating the "whys" in my life. Like pronto.

Ok.

Cleansed.


Ok, Bruce. I got that down pat.

How can I fear what happens often? I am seriously not depressed. This is my funny.

Anyway, it was just a thought.

Do you ever wonder if "they" reflect about you the same way as you reflect about "them"?

It's just a question.



2 comments:

  1. "They" are not self-reflective. If they were, they wouldn't be assholes.

    Despite being a big, bad former cop, you're a softie who sees the good in everyone. It might feel like a failure when "they" break your heart, but it's really not.

    (Is it just me or does the model in the "How to Train Your Wife" poster look like Gina Davis?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma Fargo:
    I reflect probably TOO damn much these days...wonder why that is (other than those days long gone were pretty damn good in many ways)?
    I wonder about those "thems" from time to time...like I wonder if "they" wonder about me?

    I know, it can get confusing as hell, right?
    Thank God for life...and gardening...and our "critters that stop by.

    Very thought-provoking post.

    Roll safe down there, dear.

    ReplyDelete